Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, June 25, 2007 12:06 PM


From: JacquƩ" Evans [mailto:jhodge633@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 12:06 PM
To: Mitchum, Cathy
Subject:
Re: How is izaak today?

Izaak is good :) He's starting to pudge up :D he surpassed his "birth weight" yesterday... we weighed him on our shipping scale and he weighed 8 lbs and 1.6 oz. Woot! Yay Izaak!

I am good (went for my "2 week post-partum" - just tad little early) and the midwife says come back in a month for a comprehensive physical and to discuss birth control. My blood pressure is still high and the midwife (we really like her and her attitude/philosophy) wants me to see an actual physician to get checked out for that... even though I never had hypertension before, sometimes stress of pregnancy can throw someone into that category (as a permanent condition), or it could still resolve itself, but she'd like to see me get checked out by a "real" doctor none-the-less.

We need to find a pediatrician/family practitioner for Izaak/me/us. We'd really like to find someone who is at least open if not encouraging of natural healing methods.

Alex just left for work... we miss him already. I don't know if you had time/inclination to read that long email I sent to everyone, but boy I am glad you never got around to doing the solo-spermsicle thing... it is veeery consuming and exhausting taking care of a newborn... no one thing is very difficult but you add them all together and you factor in the sleep deprivation... I know we'll be fine and Alex is only going to be gone for about 5 hours, but knowing I am "on my own" for any/all baby activities (even just being able to go to the bathroom and not worry that he's laying there crying and I can't do anything about it until I get back - whereas before Alex would have gone and picked him up, now he'll just have to cry - not the end of the world I know, but still... *shrugs*)

I haven't driven him anywhere yet, everywhere we have gone Alex has driven and I have ridden in the back seat with Izaak (to adjust his sun shade coverage or "give him the finger" - let him comfort suck on a finger if he gets cranky) - Its funny, but after we talked about it the other day, I got into the front seat with Alex and about 6 blocks later he asked me what I was doing? and that he really thought it was probably best if I got back into the back seat... we did a "Chinese fire drill" (why are they called that?) at the next light and I jumped back into the back seat again... I feel like Alex is a better (more attentive/careful/safe) driver than I am and I am nervous about taking our maiden voyage... though I know I will just have to suck it up and get over that!

Any word from the part time position lady?

How are you feeling?

I know I have told you how all through my pregnancy I was paranoid that something would go wrong and every little mile stone we made was a huge relief and that every little twinge made me worry all over again...

I think the "original sin" boiled down to humanity not trusting God and figuring they could get along without him... and this is is the essence of every sinful thought/word/deed throughout the history of mankind... it is really Satan's only "playing card"... Anything he can do to widen that gap between complete trust and faith in God and our own human nature to "do it our ownselves" (to quote 2 yr old Patrick Harrington) he will try to employ... including whispering words of doubt and paranoia in our ears.

I can't even begin to enumerate the times during my pregnancy (and who are we kidding, even moreso now that he's out!) that I prayed some variation of the following:
"Heavenly Father, protect me from the lies and deceit of the enemy, I ask that you set a hedge of protection around me, my ears, my heart, and my body. I believe in your promises Lord, help me in my areas of unbelief"
(Mark 9:24 Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "[Lord] I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!")
and also
"Satan I cast you out, by the blood of Jesus Christ you are powerless over me, I will not listen to your lies and you cannot steal/kill/destroy the blessings that My God has for me."
(John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; [Jesus came] that we may have life, and have it to the full.)

... not sure how this email derailed into a sermon, but I hope that you can get some relief from your worries and some confidence in God's grace, provision and absolute unfailing love...
(Rom 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.)

No comments: