Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chocolate now on the radar!

Oh noes!
Oh noes!!!
Bad Mommy!
Bad Mommy!

I left the lid off the chocolate bucket*!!!
I was in the kitchen cleaning up (actually banging things around quite a bit hoping to lure Izaak in to where I could more easily keep an eye on him) , so I didn't hear what he was up to (as parents know, not being able to hear them is time to investigate). I came back into the living room to see what he was doing...

there was my darling son, sitting on the floor under the desk with the chocolate bucket between his legs feeding himself M&M's by the fistful!!!

Dagnabbit!!! At 14 months my son has discovered CHOCOLATE!!!

It could totally have been worse, somehow he got the bucket down off the desk onto the floor without dumping it.

But now the genie is out of the bottle, now Izaak KNOWS what is in that bucket! YUMMYSWEETTREATNESS!!!
Up to this point Izaak hasn't ever asked for Dad's chocolate when either of us were eating it because he didn't know what it was!!! the couple of times he did seem interested, we have always been able to redirect him to some cheerios or something! That train has now sailed! *sigh*

*Alex is a big chocoholic, so we try to keep a supply on hand. We use a large plastic Kirkland nut container with a screw on lid; mostly its filled with M&M's, but sometimes has chocolate covered nuts or those Hershey's Nuggets wrapped chocolates. The lid used to be primarily to keep the ants away, but more recently it has been to keep little fingers away.

2 comments:

Sarah Peaches said...

hmmm, a chocolate bucket.... I knew that I liked you guys! (Sarah Hagan from Aletheia)

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Darn...the days of innocence are drifting away. I however, didn't realize I liked chocolate until i was about 20. REALLY!

P.s.Thanks for the encouragement on resting. I do take a day off from chores each week and do minimal food prep, but I still have to learn to give myself a break on the days I'm not "off".